Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Self Love Interview with Jenna




As we wrap up our project from May focusing on positive self esteem we are ending it with a bang! Jenna here is our last momma that we interviewed and I love what she has to say about loving yourself and not falling into the comparison game. 

Jenna @Jennaskitchen
A mother, a wife, she has amazing food insight on eating healthy but balanced and is a lover of essential oils. 








1.     What is self esteem to you and how does if affect the person you are?
     Self Esteem is being at peace with who you are. Knowing that you're a human with flaws but they make you special and unique, irreplaceable even. 

2.     What are five words that you would choose to describe yourself?
Cheerful, Driven, Fun, Spiritual and Generous.

3.     Do you ever get down or are too hard on yourself sometimes?
A  Are you kidding? All the time!! I am a woman!! 

4.     Are there specific things that trigger those negative vibes and feelings?
Life experiences. Not doing the best I could with kids that day, social media, a confusing exchange, whatever it is I can find myself doubting all the time if I'm doing the right thing! 

5.     How do you help yourself get out of that “negative funk?”
   I like to turn off the noise. No TV, no computer, no phone. Just me, my bath and my essential oils. Some prayer and self love talking about the things I DID do right that day.

6.     Do you ever find yourself judging or comparing yourself to others? (if so when)
   Yes I find that I do compare myself to others. I've heard it been said that we compare our weakest areas to someones strongest and isn't that the truth!! It can be totally debilitating and such a vicious cycle so I do my best not to get involved. I really try to focus on the accomplishments I'm having. I also like to show that person love and gratitude. Be PROUD of the things they're doing, what is going right for THEM! Graciousness and love is the answer.

7.   Do you feel like social media as a whole helps build you up and or do you feel like it makes it harder to be positive?
     As a whole social media is a positive place for me. My readers are some of the kindest on the Internet. But trust me I have my days!

8. What helps you feel confident and beautiful?
  I feel confident and beautiful when I'm loving to others. When I show people charity and love beyond what I feel is possible for me that day. Going the extra mile for my children and others helps me feel like I'm killing it!

10.  What brings peace in your life?
I am religious so my Savior brings me Peace. To know that I have a friend who suffered the most ultimate price so that I could find forgiveness, joy and love in even the darkest periods of my life. Find something like that. Find light and love and joy - they will carry you through!




Thank you everyone for your love and kindness I had so much for with this project and I hope you have felt some kind of inspiration and motivation to be kinder to yourself and others!! 
xoxo
Lluvio