Monday, May 9, 2016

Interview with Fatima



We have teamed up with some amazing women who are each unique and come from different backgrounds. I had such a fun time getting to know these women on a more personal level.

We asked them a few questions about self love and confidence and they shared personal experiences
and stories. Each week we will be featuring a different gal and learning more how they feel about themselves and what helps them stay positive.

FATIMA (@Stylefitfatty)
She is a wife, a mother, a blogger, a personal trainer, and a photographer. She is beautiful on the inside and out!





Our interview with her:

What is self esteem to you and how does if affect the person you are?
Self esteem is everything! It is not always on top, but I try to be confident in myself everyday. It makes me a happier person, wife, mother and friend.
What are five words that you would choose to describe yourself?
Happy, Loving, Selfless,
Do you ever get down or are too hard on yourself sometimes?
Of course, we are all human! I think that happens mostly when I am so involved in the social media world. It tends to pull me into this “fake world”. It’s easy to think that other people have it all made, that their lives are perfect, but many times that is not the case.
Are there specific things that trigger those negative vibes and feelings?
Social media is the biggest one for sure! Stalking perfect feeds, and feeling like I’m not there.
How do you help yourself get out of that “negative funk?”
Honestly, my husband is the best at helping me getting out of that negative funk. If not him, I look at my life and realize how blessed I am, and that it is OKAY to have a messy house ;)
Do you ever find yourself judging or comparing yourself to others? (if so when)
Yes! Specially as a blogger, it is really easy to compare myself with others. I really think that I have gotten so much better. Comparing yourself with others will just bring you misery.




Do you feel like social media as a whole helps build you up and or do you feel like it makes it harder to be positive?
Builds me up for sure. The people I follow, I follow for a reason, I try not to follow people that live these unrealistic lives...because let’s be real! Motherhood isnt glamourous everyday!
What helps you not compare yourself or judge others, or what have you done or do now to help yourself not fall into the game of judging and comparing?
Not follow those kind of people that would bring those kind of feelings.
What helps you feel confident and beautiful?
Taking care of myself! If thats taking a shower, getting my eyebrows done, working out or just getting ready for the day. Being a Mother, seeing the miracles of what my body has done. Our bodies are literally capable of anything!!


What brings peace in your life?
My family. They are my everything.
What do you think women today can do to have more self love and positive vibes towards themselves and others?
Taking care of themselves!! Don’t feel guilty for wanting to take 30 min to workout, or going to get a pedicure with your girlfriend. I think in todays society, we focus so much on taking care of others (which is not a bad thing), but we forget about ourselves. Happy wife, happy life!